There will be Climate Marches around the world on Friday, Sept, 20, 2019. Our local march is being organized by students from Mountain View, Sunnyvale and adjacent cities. It will begin at the Diridon Station in San Jose (reachable by train or bus) and end at the plaza around San Jose City Hall after a walk of approximately one mile. Marchers of all ages are encouraged to attend! “There is no Planet B!”
This Thursday, Sept. 12, the Carbon Free Mountain View General Meeting will be held in the Willow Room of the Community Center from 7:30 - 9:00 PM. I hope you will attend. We have lots of important things to cover!
We will be discussing:
1) Mountain View's proposed Reach Code (The Reach Code is an extension of the Building Code that would require most new buildings to be all-electric and wired for substantial amounts of EV charging)
2) Our support for the Student Climate Strike and March in San Jose on the afternoon of Sept. 20
3) Mountain View's forthcoming Sustainability Action Plan, which will lay out priorities for the next 2-3 years
4) Our participation in important local meetings, which include
* The MV City Council Sustainability Committee Meeting (Sep. 16 at 6:30PM in Plaza Conf. Room at City Hall)
* A public review of the proposed Mtn. View Reach Code (Sep. 19 at 6:00PM in Plaza Conf. Room at City Hall)
* The MV City Council Meeting to review the Reach Code & Sustainability Action Plan (evening of Oct. 22 in City Hall Council Chambers, exact time TBD)
You're invited to the second CFMV General Meeting of 2019! It will be held from 7:30 - 9:00 PM on Thursday March 14 at the Board Room of the Mountain View Chamber of Commerce, 580 Castro St. The Chamber shares a parking lot with Wells Fargo Bank and is adjacent to Pioneer Park.
Future CFMV General Meetings will be held on the second Thursday of odd-numbered months: May 9, July 11, September 12 and November 14, 2019.
You're invited to the first CFMV General Meeting of 2019! It will be held from 7:30 - 9:30 PM on Thursday Jan. 10 at the Cubberley Community Center in Palo Alto. The address is 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto. The room is unlabeled on the site map, but it is next to room G8 and the two gyms. We will put a sign on the door the evening of the meeting. Map: https://cityofpaloalto.org/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?t=50466.82&BlobID=68297
Meetings will return to Mtn. View in July when the remodeling of the Community Center on Rengstorff has been completed.
This is a very important meeting for several reasons, and I sincerely hope you will attend. Key topics will include:
1) an update on the work that the Cadmus consulting company has been doing for the City about how to manage sustainability from a strategic perspective
2) preparation for the City Council's once-every-two-years Goal Setting meeting on Feb. 28 at which we hope to persuade the Council to keep Sustainability as one of its top priorities
3) preparation for lobbying the City Council and senior staff to allocate more money to sustainability in the 2019-2020 Fiscal Year.
No RSVP is required.
PS -- Future CFMV General Meetings will be held on the second Thursday of odd-numbered months. The specific dates in 2019 are March 13, May 9, July 11, September 12 and November 14.
Our final general meeting of 2018 will be held in City Hall’s Atrium Room. It’s on the ground floor. Entering from the Plaza, go through the rotunda, turn right, and go all the way to the end of the hallway. The Atrium Room is on your left. The agenda will be posted later, but is sure to include a discussion of the results of the City Council election.
In November The Board of Directors of the Silicon Valley Community Energy Authority meets on the fifth Wednesday (Nov. 29) at 7 pm at a special location: The Mountain View City Council Chambers on the 2nd floor of City Hall. The December Board meeting will be on the 2nd Wednesday (Dec. 13) at the usual location -- the Cupertino Community Hall.